Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last Weeks Doctor Appointments

Ok... I had two doctor appointments last week. Tuedsay I had a regular monthly OB check up. I had to take my 1 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes, and I also was diagnosed with an upper respitory infection and was given a Z-Pack for. Today a week and a 2 days later, I am FINALLY feeling better. I felt so terrible. I also got a call yesterday that I failed my 1 hour glucose test. So I have to go in Wednesday morning at 8am for a 3 hour test. I ahve to drink this nasty stuff, and then they take my blood every hour for three hours. My doctor also told me I needed to start watching my weight, which I agree with her. Since my appointment I have been eating healthy, and feel good about it. I have actually lost 3 pounds. I want to make sure my weight does not get out of control so that I can not get it back after the twins are born. I am terribly upset about failing my glucose test. The chances of gestational diabetes are much higher with twin pregancies as your body produces more insulin with two babies. I pray I do not have it, I dont really need that stress.

My second appointment on Thursday was another level II ultrasound along with a fetal echo of both babies hearts. That appointment I was quite nervous about. There were things my first level II could have missed, and I did not want them to have a heart defect like Elisha did, that ultimately took his life. BUT...both babies are still 100% healthy. No visible defects anywhere. PRAISE GOD!!! I am finally relieved.

If I can ask you to say a prayer that I do not have gestational diabetes, thank you family. I will definately update after I get my results, which should be next Thursday.

Photobucket

Gavin Enrique's Side Profile

Photobucket

Gavin Enrique's lil "boy parts"

Photobucket

Paige Marie's Side Profile

Photobucket

Paige Marie's "lil girl parts"

No comments:

Post a Comment