Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gavin & Paige have ARRIVED!!!

Well, I feel terrible I have not been able to update sooner, but twins are ALOT of work! My last few weeks of my pregnancy I was SO misserable. I got PUPPPS which is a rash that covers your body and itches like CRAZY, its caused by pregnancy and the only cure is to deliver your babies. I was itching 24/7 ALL over. I also got pregnancy induced hypertension. My blood pressure was raising daily along with my swelling. At 35-36 weeks I was going in the hospital abuot every other day for different things. Finally when I was only 2 days from my scheduled c-section date of December 7th I was in the hospital for good, and my doctor delivered me on Sunday December 6th, just one day after my dads 71st birthday, sorry dad I tried...hehe. I did have to have a c-section because stubborn Gavin would not flip from his breech position. My c-section was scheduled for 7:30am. I had a great nights sleep thanks to some ambien and stadol. HOWEVER when I woke up the morning for my c-sec, ANXIETY ATTACKS GALORE. I was crying and boy was I a mess. I was terrified of the surgery and the after pain. I have never had major surgery before and I am a wuss! Oh and did I mention at 37weeks with TWINS I was STILL only dilated to 1cm! I swear they would have stayed in there till 40 weeks if Id a let them! I walked myself down to the Operating room, when I walked in I really freaked. All those sharp instruments all around the room! I was trying to concentrate on my two lil miracles that were about to arrive, but the anxiety was overpowering me. When I sat down to get my spinal the anasthesiologist gave me a lil something to calm me down...and boy did it help. My entire family was waiting outside for their delivery. My sister Lisa and niece Brianna surprised visit me from New York to see the babies and see my dad for his 71st birthday. My mom and dad, my mother in law and father in law, Kaleb, my brother and sister in law and nephews, my bestest friend Tiffany and her mom. I had a great support team! : ) After my spinal and they had me all preped and ready to cut they let Enrique in. I was so glad to see him. What only seemed like a few minutes later I heard this screaching cry and I never heard a sound so sweet. I had never gotten to hear that before. I cried like a baby. Paige Marie was born at 8:18am 20in long and weighing in at 6lbs10oz. Two minutes later I heard another hard cry and it was Gavin Enrique all 5lbs13oz of him, he was 18 3/4in long. I will never forget their first cries as long as I live. The sound of my lil miracles being brought into this world. They brought them to my face one by one I kissed on them and they took them to the nursery along with Enrique. They cleaned them off and checked their apgar scores. They both scored perfect. They were 3 weeks early, so of course there were concerns there...but they were both perfectly healthy. They did not need any oxygen or anything. They were BEAUTFIUL and PERFECT. Paige had a head FULL of black hair, and Gavin had a forhead full of wrinkles. They had not a single similarity between them. Paige was real dark and big, and Gavin was real light and itty bitty. The feeling you get when you are a new mom cannot even be explained. I was OVER joyed. God had been so GOOD. We give God all the praises and all the glory. I had Donna there with me, she was the neonatologist that delivered Elisha. She was GREAT. She would always come in and visit me when I was in the hospital for my NST's or other complications I was having. And she was there to deliver my twins, which made me SO happy. She wasa lot of relief for me with questions and concerns I had. I was petrified of the c-section, and for good reasons. Cause it hurt like HECKKKKKK! My recovery was terrible. Because my belly had gotten so big and stretched I had lots of access skin that hung over my incision, which did not help the healing process. I was buzzing the nurse at every 4hours on the dot for my pain medicine. Our hospital stay started Saturday night and we were released on that following Thursday. Our doctor circumsized Gavin on Tuesday. I was SO sad for him. That really breaks a mommys heart. The first night in the hospital they pretty much slept through the night, we woke them up for feedings. I could not stop staring at them. BUT after that first night, and ever since they wake up about every 3 hours. We had the most amazing nurses and staff at the hospital as usual. While the nurse was going over our discharge papers Enrique was changing Gavin, all of a sudden Enrique screams and jumps 2 feet back, and all I see is a steady stream of pee pee freely shooting into the air, Enrique turns around and his grey shirt now has grafiti all over it. It was SO SO SO funny and let me tell you, funny things are NOT funny after a c-section. I was trying my darndest NOT to laugh, but man was it funny. I was in dire pain. They got us the wheel chairs and I was FINALLY leaving the hospital with my babies. I got to carry them out. All I had known before was the funeral director coming to get them from my room...but not this time. I did deeply miss my Alexis and Elisha. We see alot of Alexis and Elisha in Paige and Gavin. It makes me feel so good I can see my heavenly babies in my earthly babies. Thank you God. Thank you to ALL my friends and family that came to visit and brought gifts during our hospital stay. And thank you to everyone who sent gifts in the mail, that could not be there. It really meant alot to our family. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us, and supported us through these years and even just recently if you've only known us through this pregnancy. God Bless
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment